STT is a fast growing, well established Allied Health Practice providing in-house and community-based services to families within the greater Nairobi Area. We pride ourselves in delivering family-centred care with excellent client outcomes.
We are seeking a warm, highly motivated, organised person who can come to share in our passion for making a difference in the lives of children with a communication disorder.
This will eventually be an autonomous role upon the successful completion of the training component. The role involves delivery of evidence based individual therapy as prescribed by the lead allied health professional.
About The Role:
- Participate in an intensive training and mentoring program, in which you will learn how to offer evidence-based therapy to individuals with a communication delay/disorder
- “Shadow” therapy sessions, identify own learning needs and continually seek to fill own gaps
- Carry out face-to-face and non face-to-face tasks (report-writing) related to therapy procedures and charting/ communicating progress
- Engage parents in their child’s therapy journey
- Commit to continually hone one’s skills in order to elevate individual performance, and consequently impact the child’s performance
- Uphold the organisation’s core values
- A heart for service to humanity
- Enjoy working with people and display genuine compassion and empathy
- Fast learner with demonstrated ability to connect theory to practise
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and be a team player
- Honesty, integrity, and a willingness to uphold the ethical standards of the profession
- Ability to communicate easily with different kinds of people
- Experience in implementing education or health programs to children
- Impeccable grammar skills, and attention to detail