Purpose of the COO Job
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to be a key member of a newly formed Executive team in our small business, which has a total of 15 staff. The COO must be growth-oriented and will be accountable for all operating business segments of the company.
This position provides the leadership, management, and vision to ensure we have the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organisation, increase operating efficiency and maintain financial strength.
We are looking for a COO with a strong culture, operational and financial leadership skills who has ability to assess and evolve the core operating model of the business, accomplishing this via a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the vision of the company.
COO Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational leadership, thought partnership and tactical support to the various teams, ensuring that all organisational systems, policies and practices align with the company’s mission and vision and reflect our core values
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the COO
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Define key financial metrics aligned with performance measurement system and works with the Chief Operating Officer to design and maintain sustainable staff compensation and benefits structure
- Evaluate operational performance by analysing data and creating KPI metrics. Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain cordial and effective relationships with existing partners and stakeholders
- Build new strategic relationships with key partners essential to the business growth
COO Requirements & Skills
- The minimum educational requirement is a bachelor’s degree in business or a related subject. An MBA is however preferred.
- Possess excellent leadership skills, business acumen and ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external stakeholders
- Must have the ability to empower/nurture, and to delegate effectively
- Have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, often under pressure, and be flexible to changes in priorities
- Possess a strong sense of personal awareness and emotional intelligence
- Understand the concept of energetic hygiene
- Excel at strategic thinking, be open to new perspectives and better ways of doing things; and be creative, a visionary, and manage innovation well
- Able to think creatively in order to develop strategies for completing work
- Be sales, growth and systems centric. Be driven by numbers rather than unfounded facts and/or emotions
- Possess executive-level communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues, build consensus among groups of diverse internal/external stakeholders, and have proven skill in negotiating and mediating conflict
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Have deep knowledge of and experience with many different business functions
- Possess a deep understanding of people management and, the medical and/or the education sector
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning
- Have a track record of successful financial management
- Strong organisational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Enjoy order; creating lists and systems for making tasks performance more efficient
- Have superior decision-making skills
- Provide positive work and personal references
- Submit to and receive satisfactory results of a criminal background check
- Have a growth mindset, be self-motivated and maintain a positive outlook on work and challenges
- Enjoy creating systems for everything for personal as well as work-related activities
- Possess a caring and understanding attitude towards individuals who have a communication delay/disorder
- Be able to mostly work independently, but also take well and quickly to instructions
- Be results-driven
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Google Suite products
- Be technology savvy; gravitate easily to technology-based solutions
- Proficient in the use of web-based application and tools
Interested in the COO’s Job?
To apply, please provide your resume, and cover letter to recruitment@
NB: The cover letter is to be no longer than four pages.
Within your cover letter please;
- Tell us more about who you are, what drives you and why this position appeals to you.
- Detail relevant work experience that demonstrates your business management and growth skills
- Impress us with the research you have done on Speech Therapy Toto and the potential for growth you foresee, and what growth means to you.
- Lastly, share some book titles (particularly, but not limited to business topics) that have shaped you in some important way.